Townhouse Fire Sparks Safety Concerns in Bristow, Virginia

In Bristow, Virginia, a recent incident raised significant safety concerns when a townhouse caught fire on Monday, September 18, at 5:36 p.m. The affected location was 13400 Grouserun Lane, Bristow, VA.

Upon receiving the distress call, units from Prince William Fire and Rescue swiftly responded to the scene. Upon arrival, they encountered a townhouse with flames visible from the rear of the structure. The fire had also started to spread to an adjacent home.

The firefighters acted promptly, bringing the fire under control in a timely manner. However, both homes sustained minor damage due to the incident.

One of the townhouses was declared unsafe for occupancy by the building official. This decision temporarily displaced two adults from their residences. Additionally, an adult female occupant suffered injuries during the incident, but fortunately, they were non-life-threatening. She received medical attention at a regional medical facility and was subsequently released.

The fire marshal’s office thoroughly investigated and determined that the fire originated from a propane grill. This incident is a valuable reminder of the importance of adhering to safety guidelines when using propane grills.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *